Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Jay Inslee Is A Coward

My Congressman, Jay Inslee, has been doing phone town hall meetings recently. You did not know that???... probably because you do not check his web page every single day. You see, Representative Inslee puts out press releases on his web page informing the public of these calls. Here is the release, dated July 29th for the last one:

Inslee to hold telephone town hall meeting - Wednesday, July 29

July 29, 2009


Rep. Jay Inslee (D-Wash.) is hosting a telephone town hall meeting tonight so he can speak with his constituents about the health care reform bill. The call begins at 7:10 p.m. PDT and will last for one hour.

In the call, Rep. Inslee will give a update on the health care reform bill and its status. After that, he will then answer constituent's questions and listen to comments and concerns about the legislation.

Dial-in information is as follows:

-- Toll-free participant line: 877-229-8493 or 877-269-7289
-- Conference code: 13634


Now if you were paying attention, the press release was put out the same exact day as the town hall.

I just happened to see this release on the 29th and called the office to ask what is the deal with putting out the release the same day. I was told they often do these things last minute and they said they would take my number and call me when they have another one. So I gave them my number. I have since checked the website every day or two and 2 days ago, Monday August 3rd, there was no mention of a town hall. I then check today and guess what, a town hall scheduled for today, Wednesday August 5th. Here is the release:

Media releases
Inslee to hold additional telephone town hall meeting


August 2, 2009

In light of the success of his July 29th telephone town hall meeting, Rep. Jay Inslee (D-Wash.) will host another telephone town hall meeting on Wednesday, August 5th so he can speak with his constituents about the health care reform bill. The call begins at 7:30 p.m. PDT and will last for one hour.

In the call, Rep. Inslee will give a update on the health care reform bill and its status. After that, he will then answer constituent's questions and listen to comments and concerns about the legislation.

Dial-in information is as follows:
-- Toll-free participant line: 877-269-7289
-- Conference code: 13634


So to recap, the press release dated August 2nd was put on the web sometime after mid morning August 3rd and that phone call I was promised... {insert crickets chirping}

Something tells me he would prefer to not have people know about these. What a gutless coward.

6 comments:

sswanny said...

I'm actually on his mailing list and only received this latest one. Right before the meeting. I had no idea he was having these.

Really I expect this since WA Democrats are pretty much guaranteed to win. Why worry about public perception when "D" is an automatic check mark in this state.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS! I received a robo call last night and answered midway through the 2nd ring. jay Inslee's recorded voice said (paraphrased) "Sorry I missed you. I was calling to tell you a bout a telephone town hall, but you're not home, but don't worry, we'll have more." 'CLICK'.
I know democrats are weenies, but REALLY! I WAS RIGHT THERE!

Anonymous said...

I actually received a phone call on Tuesday night around 7, in which a recording told me of the meeting on Wednesday (yesterday). The message also told me that I would receive a call at 7:30 on Wednesday. I did, in fact, receive a call on Wednesday and was able to participate.

Unknown said...

Baird is doing "tele town halls" too because of what he calls "brown shirt tactics". This jibes with Nancy Pelosi's unsubstantiated comment about "swastikas" at other Town Halls. Baird is really afraid to go face to face with his constiuents.

When will people send these arrogant, pig headed elitists to the showers? I'm just damned fed up with these people.

Anonymous said...

I've had similar experiences with Inslee. The good news is that for the first time in a while, he has a real challenger, James Watkins,
http://watkinsforcongress.com/.

Channel your frustration with Inslee by supporting James! Nothing sends a message to a congressmen like getting voted out. :)

Anonymous said...

小米blog 醫療百寶箱 好食報馬仔 環遊世界365天 時尚精神 教育學習大不同 與您分享Google大小事
*BeaUtY & VogUE情報站* 出國通~阿頓blog
馬儒敗's Bookmarks 安安分享少女穿搭術s
美容保養 lesley分享天地
☆房地產資訊佈告欄☆ 小米姐姐 趨勢產業經濟佈告欄 i樂活 論壇 i漂亮 討論區