Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Are Any Of Them Electable?

I am not thrilled with any of the candidates for President. And by not thrilled, I mean I can not remember a more pathetic list of candidates. I simply do not see how any of them are electable. Someone will have to win but it is going to only be because "none of the above" is not an option on the ballot. They all have issues, some really serious, some that should not be serious.

But here is what I think is going to be interesting. The Democrat that wins the primary is going to most likely be either Clinton or Obama. Now what nobody wants to talk about is that last I checked, neither a female or African American has ever been elected President... or Vice President.... or been nominated by one of the major parties... or even been a serious candidate. In the primary it is probably not going to matter all that much since it really is the hard core cool aide drinkers that get out and vote, but come November 2008, if the Democratic ticket does feature either of the two front runners... in the privacy of the voting booth... will the party of diversity come out and back up what they preach? I have relatives from the mid west that have never ever even considered voting Republican who I think are going to have a really hard time pulling a leaver that says either Hillary or Obama. That is just reality.

And just so it is clear, I would vote for a female and / or an African American in a heartbeat. In fact if Condi Rice jumped in the race tomorrow, she would probably jump to the top of my list.

1 comment:

Conservative Belle said...

I have a business associate from the South who is a conservative and believes that Edwards is going to be the Democrat candidate. I told him he was crazy when he first suggested it. Now I'm beginning to wonder if he might be right.