Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fiscally Conservative

I have been listening to a book on tape, The Millionaire Next Door, which stresses being fiscally conservative in your personal life. As a result, I am a bit annoyed at an advertisement on the radio show I listen to on my way in to the office in the morning. The Sytman and Boze show on KTTH has been running an ad for Best Mortgage which basically says with a new mortgage, it can be difficult to make ends meet. So Best Mortgage has a plan where you have reduced payments for the first however many months or years.

This comes off to me as them saying let us help you get into a mortgage that you really can not afford and have no business getting into. It is these types of situations that have caused the recent mortgage lending crunch and if I hear one day that Best mortgage is going under due to bad loans, I am not going to shed a tear.

I just wish I was not hearing this ad on KTTH, it would seem more appropriate on Air America.

For the record, Dan Sytman and David Boze do ads for Catlin Capital.

1 comment:

Pedicularis said...

Excellent book. Try to get Andrew to read and understand it before he heads off into life. BTW, I think it was written by a couple of liberal guys who were surprised by the results of their own research.