Saturday, October 29, 2005

Scooter Libby.... gets indicted. A black mark on those of us who at one time or another have been refered to by the name "Scooter".

Sounds like he is going to go with the "I forgot" defense which if I am on the jury, he walks. I can get anywhere between 20 and 60 emails a day and can send about the same amount. From time to time I need to find an old email so I can remind myself of a past discussion. It's unbelievable how often I find emails I have no recollection of every reading or writing and these are the ones that I felt were worth saving. I can not tell you how many times I have spent way too many hours or days or weeks writing software and then a year or two later someone asks for something similar and someone in the office has to remind me that I already wrote it. "I forgot"... seems reasonable to me.

But... if he decides to go the plea bargain route, let's see if he is offered a similar deal to what Sandy "Classified Pants" Berger got. As someone who may or may not at one time had a security clearance, for someone with Bergers background to have stuck classified documents in his pants, that is truely mind boggling. Chief of Police dealing drugs mind boggling. I am still waiting to hear where the guys with weapons were when he was in the process of smuggling.

No comments: