Thursday, November 01, 2007

November 1, 2007

October 2007 is officially over. That was the worst month of my entire life. If you took the 31 worst days of my 44 years of existence, outside of October 2007, and combined them into one month, let's call it Craptober, it would not have been as bad as October 2007. Nobody I know died, nobody, including myself had health problems, business was actually very good. The two big ongoing negative issues I have allowed to fester for years finally came to a head. The lesson that was learned, when something is important and needs to be dealt with, deal with it yourself. Do not leave it to others, do not expect others to do what is right even if it seems to be something in their area of expertise. Do not compromise on important matters.


A client happened to send this to me today:


that was me on a good day last month. Nothing like hitting proverbial bottom to straighten out your priorities.

Hopefully, one day, I will look back and see today as the moment things finally started heading in the right direction. I am sure there will be plenty of bumps in the road ahead but at least I am finally moving forward.



So in honor of this new beginning, let's play song one, my favorite song, off of my favorite REM album, Life's Rich Pageant. Ladies and gentlemen, Begin The Begin.

No comments: